It’s Friday!!!!! Or Fri-Yay as many of you probably already know 🙂
I will be starting a new series called “5 Things”. It will reflect 5 things that I am truly grateful for and appreciate every week. Once a week I will share what brought me extreme gratitude during this crazy thing called life.
My 5 things are:
1. God. This might seem really obvious, but over the past couple weeks, I have felt very low of myself with little hope and faith of my future. This week changed. I feel so renewed and know that God is right beside me cheering me on and telling myself to never give up. If you ever feel alone, just have a moment and read the Bible and to pray. Don’t give up hope. Keep on believing and moving forward. Don’t let the demons win.
2. Ability to drive. Yes, traffic and the long routes can certainly be a pain, but having the freedom to get up and go drive somewhere just because you want to is an amazing feeling. I kmow others who can’t due to disabilities and I realize their frustrations of not being able to drive and always having to rely on others for a ride. There is more freedom than what we think. Enjoy what you CAN do.
3. Ability to pay bills. Not exactly the best thing in the planet, but a necessity of life. I may not have the greatest life, but I’m glad that I have the ability to provide for myself. I have shelter. I have food. Every month without any assistance. It’s a great feeling.
4. My health. I experienced a headache earlier. I disliked it and wished it would just go away!! But, after thinking it over, I am glad for it. It was just a minor and temporary issue. There are many people going through much more worse health issues so who am I to complain? I don’t have cancer. I’m not diabetic. I don’t have any disorders. I’m good. I’m healthy. Life is good.
5. Changing of seasons. October is here already. Autumn started recently and it’s amazing to see the leaves start changing colors. It’s nice to still be able to see the different seasons. Many die daily or at least stuck indoors for various reasons. It’s nice to experience these changes while I still can.
Life can get complicated and messy, but there is always good in every situation. Take a look around. What brings you gratitude for this week?