Have you ever wondered why it’s so hard to find a good church? Yes, it most likely would have the same message to spread, but how and what to do can often bring more distance to possible new followers of Christ. Church should always be a place of kind and welcoming sanctuary for all. It’s just how Jesus is.
I know I’ve experienced a few places where people just seem so ‘cold’ and distant. It really didn’t make me want to stick around. I even started to wonder if that was what Christ was all about. I felt very uncomfortable at those places.
Eventually, I discovered the truth. Jesus Christ is very welcoming to all. He wants everyone to feel loved, accepted, and comfortable.
Yes, I understand that the sizes of the churches could seem overwhelming. Believe me, I almost ran away from one because of its size alone (gotta love being introverted problems). But, something inside of me, decided to stay and I’m glad that I did. Size doesn’t matter. It’s the love that counts. The love that we share to others.
So, if you ever see anyone who you don’t know at church (whether if they’re sitting alone or not), acknowledge them. That brief moment could be a life changing experience. Love and welcome others just like Jesus has done for you.
Happy Thanksgiving y’all! 😊
Today is a day that we all should rejoice what we are truly grateful for and admire what we have. It’s definitely a reminder of looking into your life at what truly matters most whether you are surrounded by family or friends or neither. What you have, it could be the person/object that someone else is praying for.
So, keep this thought for any other day, not just the holiday season. We often take everything for granted and just wishing things were different. If we take a look around, ourselves, then most likely we realize how lucky we really are.
Do you have a home for shelter every night? It may not be the greatest or possibly too small, but it works. Not everyone has that luxury.
“This is a day that the Lord has made. We shall rejoice and be glad in it.”
Love what matters. Appreciate the little things.
Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone! Don’t fret 😊 If you happen to burn the food (like I often do), it happens! It’s still edible and can still be enjoyable.
It’s all mind game 😊
I have exciting news!!!
So I have been working extremely hard lately and I couldn’t wait to share the news: I will be opening up an Etsy shop!
My crafts will be on the market next week. You can expect unique can koozies, hats, and more! All of them handmade knitted works of art 😊
Link will be provided shortly ☺
It’s Monday. A new day. A new week. A new you.
It’s time to rise up and shine! Be the warrior that you know you are. Be that light in the dark for others to see.
You can do anything that you set your mind to.
Focus. Believe. Keep moving forward with what you believe in.
Never forget who you are. You’ve got anything that gets handed to you. Don’t give up. You never know how close you really are.
Love. Honor. Joy.
I believe we need another prayer circle on here. There is too much craziness and chaos going on in the world and we would just need to pray at this moment. Who’s with me? I’ll start it out. I will list out my items for prayer and concerns for this morning. I hope you would follow through with me. Let’s all get together and pray. He is listening.
1. My strength and guidance to get through this crazy thing called life through Jesus Christ.
2. People of Puerto Rico. They have been hit hard by hurricane Maria and it just breaks my heart. Pray for them to find comfort and peace as they try to relive their lives again. Pray for them to receive all that they need as they rebuild their community. Pray for love through this.
Let’s keep this going, shall we? Feel free to leave your prayers in the comments (or even message me your thoughts and prayers if you would like to keep quiet) and I will pray for whatever is on your mind.
God bless everyone! You are loved!
Take a look around. Realize how blessed you really are. Puerto Rico has been hit hard by hurricane Maria and I can’t imagine how they are handling things down there. What I can do is pray and looking at my own life. I’m lucky. I’m blessed. My problems don’t even seem like problems compared to what’s happening.
Life is chaotic. If you’re having a bad day, chances are that at least one other person is having a worse day. So, keep your head up, and move forward.
In today’s society, we have grown accustomed about debt being normal. Credit cards, student loans, mortgages, and more have been taken over our households. This can’t be what life is supposed to be like forever, right? I believe God wants us to be free especially with our finances. I keep finding myself going back to these Bible verses whenever I try to work on my own finances:
“My child, if you have put up security for a friend’s debt or agreed to guarantee the debt of a stranger – if you have trapped yourself by your agreement and are caught by what you said – follow my advice and save yourself, for you have placed yourself at your friend’s mercy. Now swallow your pride; go and beg to have your name erased. Don’t put it off; do it now! Don’t rest until you do. Save yourself like a gazelle escaping from a hunter, like a bird fleeing from a net.”
This verse could have a totally different meaning that what I think it is, but it’s just what helps me out when times get tough. We are not meant for all sorts of debts onto our names. We need to be compassionate and caring with our finances. So, go! Hurry up! Be careful to who you give your money to even to people who you think you’d trust.
Society’s norm has taken over many households. Our names are scattered across many companies who are eager to take money from our hard-earned paychecks without a care in the world!
God wants us to be free. Let’s take charge of our own finances and be the boss to overcome financial burdens. Finances don’t have to be stressful. Anything is possible with God on our sides. Take action and conquer any debt. Flee from the burdens which the society says what normal is. Follow what God intended us to have for our lives.
Never give up. Financial freedom and independence can be closer than you might think.
Have faith and follow through.
It’s Friday!!!!! Or Fri-Yay as many of you probably already know 🙂
I will be starting a new series called “5 Things”. It will reflect 5 things that I am truly grateful for and appreciate every week. Once a week I will share what brought me extreme gratitude during this crazy thing called life.
My 5 things are:
1. God. This might seem really obvious, but over the past couple weeks, I have felt very low of myself with little hope and faith of my future. This week changed. I feel so renewed and know that God is right beside me cheering me on and telling myself to never give up. If you ever feel alone, just have a moment and read the Bible and to pray. Don’t give up hope. Keep on believing and moving forward. Don’t let the demons win.
2. Ability to drive. Yes, traffic and the long routes can certainly be a pain, but having the freedom to get up and go drive somewhere just because you want to is an amazing feeling. I kmow others who can’t due to disabilities and I realize their frustrations of not being able to drive and always having to rely on others for a ride. There is more freedom than what we think. Enjoy what you CAN do.
3. Ability to pay bills. Not exactly the best thing in the planet, but a necessity of life. I may not have the greatest life, but I’m glad that I have the ability to provide for myself. I have shelter. I have food. Every month without any assistance. It’s a great feeling.
4. My health. I experienced a headache earlier. I disliked it and wished it would just go away!! But, after thinking it over, I am glad for it. It was just a minor and temporary issue. There are many people going through much more worse health issues so who am I to complain? I don’t have cancer. I’m not diabetic. I don’t have any disorders. I’m good. I’m healthy. Life is good.
5. Changing of seasons. October is here already. Autumn started recently and it’s amazing to see the leaves start changing colors. It’s nice to still be able to see the different seasons. Many die daily or at least stuck indoors for various reasons. It’s nice to experience these changes while I still can.
Life can get complicated and messy, but there is always good in every situation. Take a look around. What brings you gratitude for this week?
Does it matter which Bible you own or look through? I think no. They all tell the same stories, but with a different translation. The Bible that I have grown accustomed to is the NLT (New Living Translation) Holy Bible. I still remember when I received this one. A friend of mine gave each of us a new one around the time when fall semester was ending. It was from the occasion of the Christmas season of 2011. We just got done with our weekly small Bible Study group when she handed them out to the three of us. Two of which received large print due to being visually impaired. Kayla is one of the sweetest people I have ever known. I will never forget our friendship during those college years. I hope I could be a friend to someone else in the future like she was to me.
I find this Bible very easy to read through and study. I often find myself reading it through alone so it definitely helps a lot to have one that you can easily translate.
What kind of Bible do you have? I would love to know your thoughts and stories.
I hope you all have a beautiful day.
I am sure you have heard of all the talk about free will vs God’s will. God gave us free will so I can do whatever I want and I won’t be punished for it, right? There’s a lot more to the story than we think. Today, I will let you know what I think about the free will dilemma.
Our parents taught us that we can be whatever we want and do whatever we want, but of course with good judgement and wisdom. Well, I believe that is what God is doing also. He is our father. He wants good for us. He wants us to be wise enough and make good decisions, just like our humanly parents.
Love, discipline, and honor. Seem familiar?
It doesn’t matter if it’s a humanly parent or a godly parent. They all want the same thing, like it or not. Of course they will always love us no matter what, but the wants and needs are very similar.
These are my views I notice at this time. Let me know your thoughts!
All are welcome!